Thursday, March 27, 2008

Flame Earrings


Flame Earrings - 3, originally uploaded by freeforged.

Another new item for the shop tonight... make sure you stop by and take a look at all the juicy details. I'm hoping to keep up with more frequent additions to the shop, and since I took a couple of improved shots of these recently I thought it was their time.

I'm still not sure what kind of lighting I like best. In my metalsmithing classes, we were taught to use photo-flood lights with a soft-box, but everything I've seen about taking pictures online suggests using natural light, such as photographing stuff on a windowsill. I took these in front of the window on a piece of paper, but even with my adjusting the white balance they still ended up very gray.

As far as tweaking pictures goes, I usually use Adobe Photoshop CS3, but for people who can't afford it, Adobe just released Photoshop Express online - a free trimmed down version of photoshop!

No comments: